Friday, January 29, 2010

Wedding Updates


Sorry I have neglected my blogging lately. With the end of the 2nd quarter at school, many birthdays to celebrate, and wedding planning, I have been jam-packed with busy agendas and to-do lists!

I have been getting a lot of questions about how the wedding planning is going lately, so I figured I'd give everyone an update on where we are in the process with exactly 6 months to go until the big day! And for those of you who have been begggggging me for a picture, here is the ring shot :) I finally gave in to being "that girl" who shows her ring off online. But it's so pretty, I don't even care! Here's where the future Saulitis' stand...

Done
  • Sparkly engagement ring insured & properly sized :)
  • Wedding party selected
  • Ceremony & reception site booked: Lansdowne Resort 
  • Save-the-dates & Invitations, including inserts, ordered & received
  • Bought my wedding dress!
  • Bought my bridemaids' dresses 
  • Rehearsal Dinner location booked: Tarara Winery 
  • Photographer booked!
  • Officiant selected
  • Contract done on block of rooms reserved at resort
  • Scheduled food taste tasting for May 2010
  • Date & place for my first bridal shower (courtesy of my MOH Rachel Astrow!)
In-progress
  • Mail save-the-dates! (Like, tomorrow!)
  • Finalizing contract with officiant
  • Florist designs
  • Finalize details for rehearsal dinner (courtesy of Andy's mom, Andrea for planning it!)
Need to do
  • Find & book DJ
  • Find & book string quartet for ceremony & cocktail hour
  • Select flowergirl & Jr bridesmaid dresses
  • Hire videographer
  • Rehearsal dinner invitations
  • Register for gifts
  • Book honeymoon (Andy is 100% in charge of this one!)
  • Get shoes, veil, jewelry
  • Book engagement photo shoot for springtime 
  • Groom & groomsman tuxedos (including ring bearers)
  • Bridesmaid gifts
  • Wedding favors 
  • Table labels... we are putting our own special twist on table numbers
I realize there are in reality 98498494 more things to add to my "need to do" list, but I'm trying not to overwhelm myself in the next 5 months! So far, planning this wedding has been such a funnnnn experience! We have been lucky enough to only encounter one major obstacle... our 150 wedding invitations were first printed incorrectly. But we were so lucky to have them re-ordered and fixed within a week! The stationary store we used was AMAZING in fixing the error and it didn't cost us a penny to fix! Andy and I have really never been more in synch than we are as an engaged couple, and he has helped so much by offering his opinion and not offering his opinion when I've needed it :) I am so happily surprised with how involved he wants to be and how excited I see him getting about all the plans we are making. Engagement is so wonderful when both people are really happy and want the same things out of life! I am so lucky to be planning with him and with my awesome parents who are paying for our wedding.I promise to do better at keeping you all updated on our planning. Hopefully next time the "done" list will out-number the "to-do" list!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are well on your way to a beautiful wedding. We're happy to have you at Lansdowne!

    Best,
    Seth

    ReplyDelete