Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Curb Appeal

When we bought our little Farmhouse, I'm not sure if the first words out of my mouth were: "I want a red door!" or "I want shutters!" I liked the very simple and plain look of our house but definitely wanted to add a little curb appeal to the front to make it really Farmhouse chic. One of our first major purchases for our home was shutters. Now, shutters don't cost too much individually, but when you have 10 windows on the front of the house, that's A LOT of shutters! But I knew it would make all the difference on our home and give it that instant facelift to make it feel more like *ours*. I also dreamed of a bright red front door. I spent my spring break doing 4 coats of the perfect shade of red on our formerly forest green front door- a true labor of love! I never thought I was so DIY but I have been learning A LOT as a home owner. Andy and my dad ended up spending the first weekend in May putting up our new shutters. They worked amazingly quick considering how many there were to put up! Andy is definitely learning a lot of DIY tips right along with me! Here are some inspiration photos for our home before we added our own touches:

And here is our official before and after:

We couldn't be happier with our first major change to the look of our home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment