Thursday, May 1, 2014

Back Deck Reno

When we bought our home last summer, one of our favorite things about it was the awesome, fenced-in backyard with a deck. We had visions of hosting barbeques and throwing back cold ones outside in the warm spring and summer months. We got by with some lovely VT and Clemson tailgating chairs throughout the end of the fall. But as soon as the weather turned warm, I was researching patio furniture. I didn't even care if it wasn't technically in our budget at the time. In fact, I postponed the reno of our 1/2 bath for the back deck furniture. Apparently owning a house is all about prioritizing projects.... so let's consider this project #2 in a LONG line of projects (I will share more on project #1: photowalls in the entryway and mancave, another time). (As a sidenote: Andy does frequently have to remind me that all of our my projects don't have to be done right away. And he likes to tell me that it is "fun" to have a list of projects for the future. Ha- I'd rather be rich and pay someone to just get them all done immediately, but apparently my teacher salary ain't helping much on that front!)

During my research, I wanted to find something that we really liked and wasn't waaaaaaay out of our realm of a budget. I was shopping in Target one day and saw their patio furniture set-up in the store. I really liked the options they had for their wicker patio set. The cushions were all very diverse, I liked their throw pillow options and outdoor carpet selection. And nothing was crazy expensive. I continued to look for a few weeks until I stumbled upon a huge sale at Target. The patio set I had seen was all on sale. The minute I saw it, I jumped. We ended up saving about $300 with the sale and free shipping promotions. And we LOVE the new look! Everyone is definitely welcome to come help us break in the new furniture anytime!

1 comment:

  1. Postponing your previous project to give way for this one turned out to be a great move. You managed to save a good amount of money with the sale and free shipping. So overall, it’s a score! Now you are ready for your barbeque parties or get-togethers.

    Luke Stephens @ Tranquility Pools

    ReplyDelete